This video tutorial from Fab Dupont is vintage PureMix. It may be one of the first videos they every made but it stands the test of time because they teach concepts and not tools, so although Fab is using Pro Tools 9. this tutorial is still completely relevant today.
In this video, you will learn how to mix music in Pro Tools. Yes! It is possible to make a professional sounding record just with Pro Tools stock plugins. Fab mixes a full song, step by step, explaining every setting, using only the stock plug-ins in Pro Tools 9!
Once you have access to this paid-for tutorial you will be able to download a zip file contains the original uncompressed files of the session. (see below on three ways to get this video).
You can import these files into Pro Tools. This way you can practice your skills with the very same song Fab used in this video, and mix this song using your way with your tools and plug-ins together with the great guidelines provided by Fab in this video.
Exclusive Free Excerpt From Mixing With Pro Tools Plugins From PureMix
In this exclusive free excerpt, Fab shows you how to quickly set up a parallel drum compression bus aka Crush Bus for a super punchy drum mix!
- 00:00 - Start
- 02:23 - Vocal Processing
- 03:18 - Vocal Processing : De-essing
- 04:16 - Vocal Processing : EQing
- 06:17 - Vocal Processing : Compressing
- 08:09 - Vocal Processing : FX
- 10:51 - Bass Processing
- 11:14 - Bass Processing : EQing
- 14:06 - Bass Processing : Compressing
- 16:01 - Bass Drum Processing
- 17:00 - Bass Drum Processing : EQing
- 19:13 - Bass Drum Processing : Compressing
- 20:43 - Snare Processing
- 21:31 - Snare Processing : EQing
- 22:59 - Snare Processing : Compressing
- 26:29 - Drums : Parallel Compressing
- 30:26 - Loops Processing
- 32:00 - Percussions Processing
- 33:14 - Tabla Processing
- 33:52 - Tabla Processing: Ambience
- 35:53 - Guitar Processing : Compression
- 36:36 - Guitar Processing : Delays & FX
- 37:31 - Guitar Processing : EQing
- 38:29 - Whistle Processing
- 39:34 - Background Vocal Processing
- 41:30 - Refining the Overall Mix
How Can I Get This Tutorial?
There are 3 ways you can get this tutorial....
- Subscribe to PureMix Pro Membership from $24.49 per month (if you subscribe for one year).
- Buy This video from PureMix for just $18
- Take advantage of the offer of $100 worth of PureMix tutorials (including this one) when you buy or subscribe annually to Pro Tools you will get 5 pureMix videos absolutely free! Note that this offer is only available with purchases of Pro Tools perpetual licenses and annual rental subscriptions.
Like This Tutorial?
If you would like to watch more free tutorials from pureMix, you can sign up for free at pureMix or browse the entire pureMix tutorial video library and subscribe to get advanced audio tutorials where Grammy winning engineers teach you mixing concepts by showing you their techniques and tricks while mixing song by Pharrell, Imagine Dragons, Ziggy Marley and more.