Russ, Mike, James, Julian and Dan Review 2015 from a pro audio and Pro Tools perspective as well as look forward to what 2016 might bring...
Check Out The Audio Market
Don't forget that we have the special Audio Market page where we offer smaller developers the opportunity to reach the Pro Tools community at a much lower price. This week we profile Rodel Sound run by our very own Dan Cooper.
- Pro Tools Expert Brand Of The Year 2016 - We will be announcing the winning brand this week as well as notifying prize winners this week.
- Win A Set Of AKG K271 With Sonarworks Headphone Calibration Plug In Worth £150
- Over $1000 Worth Of Audified Software & Plug-ins To Win
- We will be having a new deal in January, but with the Christmas break there has been a delays beyond our control in setting up this deal.
Review Of 2015
- Team Movie of the year
- The main story of 2015 was the story Pro Tools 12. How has it left us at the end 2015?
- In April in completely overhauled our site and announced Our Next Chapter in Pro Tools Expert
What Are The Team’s Highlights Of 2015?
- Meeting the community at trade shows and events
- My Tinnov D-Mon arrives Thursday, watch out for a video
- UA Apollo MK 2s (The Black faced 8 and 8P)
- My Gaff Gun
- UAD Unison technology outside mic preamp modelling
- The changes in the marketplace for Thunderbolt interfaces
- Joining the UAD experience with an Apollo Twin
- Sorting out my Digital “baggage”. 2 new macs, Carbon copy cloner and 6TB of HD
- MOTU AVB interfaces
- Joining you all on the podcast
- Sonarworks Reference 3 Headphone & Studio calibration software
- Mike Aiton’s Coffee machine
- Moving my studio home after years of renting a room, it has saved me around 700 hours of train journeys this year.
- Taking on a different role with the site, as Mike and James are now running Pro Tools Expert so that he can take on an oversight of all the sites and partner relationships.
- iZotope has turning RX as a product into RX as a brand
- PMC monitors, buying a secondhand PMC LB1 and TB1 system with Bryston amps that will give me a much bigger bang for my buck.
- SSDs with native TRIM support: Angelbird 1TB, 512GB & 256GB From Create Pro
- Seagate 8TB Archive drives
Our Visions For 2016
- Changing over to subscription models for software and media
- The role of DSP in DAWs
- More diversity and openness in the tools we use for different tasks and roles
- The vision of Avid Everywhere is great but it is the execution that is wrong because everything is going to be so much diverse.
- The value of an HDX system moving forward, especially with some of the HD only features now available to Native users.
- 2016 will be the year of people communicating and collaborating together more