Avid Application Manager is a small background app that Avid created to alert users of their software of updates and other news. You'll find once installed it launches each time you start up your computer. However many users do not want background apps running and there is no need for the Avid Application Manager to run for Pro Tools to work.
However there is currently no 'disable at startup' option, or a simple way to stop it from launching each time to turn your computer on, however follow these simple steps and you can control Avid Application Manager behaviour in both Mac and Windows PC.
How To Stop The Avid Application Manager From Launching At Startup - Mac
Follow these simple steps.
- Go to Mac HD/Library/LaunchAgents
- Then right click on the file called com.avid.ApplicationManager.plist file and open it with Text Edit
- Change the RunAtLoad key to false
- Then use Save As and place it on your Desktop, it may add the word 'copy' to the end of the name.
- Click on the name to edit it and change the name so that the entry is called com.avid.ApplicationManager.plist file it may prompt you and ask you if you wish to add the plist extension, if it does then say yes.
- Now drag the updated file back into Mac HD/Library/LaunchAgents where it came from, it will ask if you want to replace or keep both, say replace then you will be prompted for your password.
- Enter you password to complete the copy process,
That's it - now Avid Application Manager will not launch on you Mac unless you want it to. You'll find it in the Applications folder and if you wish you can make another shortcut to the dock.
How To Stop The Avid Application Manager From Launching At Startup - Windows
Pro Tools Community member BenoniStudio has created a handy video for Pro Tools using a Windows PC, in it he shows how to stop the Avid Application Manager from launching at startup using both a free and a paid method.