Russ, Mike, James and Dan catch up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Check Out The Audio Market
Don't forget that we have the special Audio Market page where we offer smaller developers the opportunity to reach the Pro Tools community at a much lower price.
Groove 3 Titles We Like....
- Pro Tools Expert Brand Of The Year 2016 won by iZotope. Sorry for the delay but we will be drawing the prize winners later this week.
- Win A Set Of AKG K271 With Sonarworks Headphone Calibration Plug In Worth £150
- Over $1000 Worth Of Audified Software & Plug-ins To Win
- We hope to have a new deal in January, but there has been a delays beyond our control in setting up this deal.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Purchase and register any new UAD-2 OCTO PCIe Card or UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Unit (Core, Custom, or Ultimate) from an authorised UA retailer between January 1st and March 31st, 2016, and get the API Vision Channel Strip, Studer A800 Tape Recorder, and Manley Variable Mu Compressor plug-ins free at product registration. No coupons or redemption codes are necessary. The plug-ins will be automatically added to your account once you register your new UAD-2 OCTO DSP Accelerator hardware.
- Dan Cooper's Top 4 Brick Wall Limiter Plug-ins
- Waves Announce eMotion LV1 – A 'Revolutionary' Live Mixing Console
- What Features Are Still Only In Pro Tools 12HD?
- Review Of The EMI RS124 Compressor By Chandler Limited
- 4 Features That All Plug-ins Should Have
- Is There A New DAW Coming From A Major Audio Software Developer?
- The Answer To Why Pro Tools Upgrades Have Gone From The Avid Store
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Randy Gildersleeve shares his solution to the upgrade debate using an Apogee Symphony 64 pci-e card which although discontinued can be found for a good price.
- Chris Green asks if we can do a vocal mic shootout like we have done for voiceover mics.
- Goran Walker asks who the singer is in our Greg Wells VoiceCentric review. Its Jess Hammond, a singer working with Russ.
- Matthew Blue read our review of the Nektar keyboard review that Russ wrote back in August 2014 and wanted to know if we still recommend it.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
A tease for a test for UAD users and see how many UAD-2 we can use with a Mac Pro
- Andrew Maragh is not able to playback a session using a Zoom R24 interface. He finds that the play and stop buttons just flash.
- John Barker is having trouble installing the Film Score Companion in Pro Tools 8
- Craig Jansson would like to know how to get hold of the Dolby Atmos Panner plug-in
- Isobel Anderson Is having problems Pro Tools Express on her new MacBook Pro running El Capitan. It would appear there no Avid drivers for El Capitan.
- Fionn Lucas Asks for our advice for upgrade options from a student version of Pro Tools 10 & 11 and what the cheapest way into HD.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored Eastwood Sound & Vision
- Russ - Fleetwood Mac - Full interview with Johnnie Walker
- Mike - Angelbird ssd wrk drives for Macs.
- James - Trinnov D-Mon 4…. OMG. Worth every penny.
- Dan - Ear Training software for sound engineers 49 euros
A little surprise to celebrate podcast 200, the bits we would rather forget…