Mike, James, Julian & Dan catch up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like....
- First Song in GarageBand by Eli Krantzberg shows you how to make your first song from start to finish in Apple GarageBand. But this is as much about songwriting as is it about Garageband
- Brock Jon guides us through “Vienna Imperial Explained”, covering this virtual piano instrument.
Win One Of Five Copies Of Waves SSL 4000 Collection Just for one week
- Mastering The Mix Stereo & Stem Mixing Services - 33% Discount
- Blue Cat Audio Dynamics V4 Plug-in £64 - 33% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Buy a 6176 Vintage Channel Strip & Get a FREE UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator with Plug-Ins! Now, purchase a 6176 Vintage Channel Strip from an authorized UA retailer between July 1st and September 30th, 2015, and you’ll receive a UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator — your choice of PCIe Card, Satellite FireWire or Satellite Thunderbolt — with the “Analog Classics Plus” plug-in bundle —absolutely free!
- The Audio Market Is Here - Small Brands With Big Ideas
- Review Of DPA d:facto II Microphone System
- Summary Of Announcements From The Avid Live Q & A Webinar
- Pro Tools 12.2 Analysis - Recycled Free Stuff Is Not Innovation
- Review: Sonarworks Reference 3 Studio Calibration Software & Measurement Microphone
- Pro Tools Quick Tips - Shift To Invert Bands In EQIII
- Studio Acoustics: Building From The Ground Up - Part 1
- A-Z Of UAD - C Is For Culture Vulture
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Tutorial: Knob Expand Zones On Avid S6 V2.0 From RSPE
- A community member who wishes to remain anonymous wanted to share his good experience of the Avid Sales and support team when he decided to go from PT 12 Subscription, to a Perpetual license and a support/upgrade plan.
- JC Richardson wanted to know what the slotted panel behind the sofa does in Mike’s studio.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
- Ever wished you could “tidy” your studio? Wished that Apple would make a machine that you could rack up but still keep all the power and expandability? Well Create Pro have. It’s a 5u Rack Mount modification and its stunning.
- Didier wanted our advice about upgrading an i5 dual core Mac Mini versus replacing it with an iMac or Macbook Pro as he is running out of power using Pro Tools 10.
- Scott Persson’s Presonus Faderport has stopped working properly after a firmware upgrade. What do we recommend he does. Post on Presonus Support pages
Team Find Of The Week
- Mike - Free Sound Effects
- James - TC Electronic PolyTune CLIP
- Julian - Culture Vulture
- Dan - Find of my weekend, got to try ROLI Seaboard at GAK Brighton.