Russ, Julian & Dan catch up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like....
Apogee Maestro for iOS Explained - Doug Zangar reveals how to rock your iOS device with Apogee's recording hardware.
We will announce the winners of the SSL 4000 Collection competition shortly
- Mastering The Mix Stereo & Stem Mixing Services - 33% Discount
- Blue Cat Audio Dynamics V4 Plug-in £64 - 33% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Buy a 6176 Vintage Channel Strip & Get a FREE UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator with Plug-Ins! Now, purchase a 6176 Vintage Channel Strip from an authorized UA retailer between July 1st and September 30th, 2015, and you’ll receive a UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator — your choice of PCIe Card, Satellite FireWire or Satellite Thunderbolt — with the “Analog Classics Plus” plug-in bundle —absolutely free!
- Keep Useful Windows On Top In Pro Tools With This Cool Free Mac App - Afloat
- What The iPad Pro Could Mean For Pro Tools Users
- Waves Announce eMo D5 Dynamics Plugin
- The VCA Bug in 12.2 Vanilla
- iZotope Announces RX 5 Editor & RX Post Production Suite
- Recording Basics: Soldering
- Studio Acoustics: Building From The Ground Up - Part 2
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Eric Olsen wanted to know more about the tune Russ used in the Alchemy In MainStage video.
- Justin Arey wanted to tell his views on the Avid HD Upgrade plans
- Scott Gillen suggested Quiet Art to bring the levels up when we record quiet on the live recordings as we talked about record levels in Podcast 181.
- Michael Giguere is concerned that he isn’t getting conformation emails from us when he entered our competitions. Can we help?
- Nick Spradlin wanted to share his views on Pro Tools 12.2 release.
- Mike Varela would like our Mike Thornton to make a video on the HD Automation features specifically preview write and write to Selection.
- Ben Rubin has a tip to join the AES. They have a lot of discounts and over interest free credit for members.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
So when we think of storage we think conventional rotational hard drives. We often also think of SSD's but they both need to stand aside. Bring on the Flash Storage modules. If you have a PCI slot left in your Mac Pro cheesegrater then get it filled up with the amazing SPEED of a Flash Storage module. Check out the specs from the AJA speed tests.
- David Denson wants to know if you can use the older Digidesigninterfaces without Pro Tools HD software. He has Pro Tools 10 & 11 Vanilla on a MacBook Pro.
- Jason Reif about using VIs as he is having trouble running more than 2 or 3 VIs at the same time.
- Conrad Osipowicz asks about how we record the podcast as he hear the ambiences coming and going.