Pro Tools Control, the iPad application for controlling Pro Tools is now available for free download from the iTunes stores or directly from within your iPad App Store.
A full review of Pro Tools Control for iPad app is here - although a nice preliminary finding is that it works in Pro Tools 11, which we expected as it uses the Eucon system.
You can download Pro Tools Control for iPad here
- You are required to register with Avid before you can use the app, this includes a short marketing survey. You can unsubscribe immediately.
- You must have an Avid account or create one to use the App.
- The app needs EuControl 3.3 to work, this is deposited in the account you enter when completing the sign-up process.
Pro Tools Control In Detail
Take wireless control of your favorite audio and video software—right from your iPad. With Pro Tools | Control, you can record and mix audio in Pro Tools, Media Composer, Logic, Cubase, and Nuendo, faster and more easily than working with a mouse and keyboard alone. The app combines the tight hardware/software integration and high-speed communication power of EUCON technology with the multi-touch advancements of iOS, so you get deep control, with great mixing flexibility. And when used with an Avid Pro Tools | S3 or Artist Mix control surface, you gain new touch workflows and custom control. Best of all… it’s free!
Pro Tools Control Features
• Speed up your efficiency using a host of controls
• Record, mute, and solo tracks with a tap
• Ride multiple faders to bring more life to your mix
• Get insight into your mix with extensive visual feedback
• Access and control hundreds of software commands
• Punch in audio and toggle automation modes
• Trigger complex macros that will save you tons of time
• Switch control to different applications using a single app
• Gain multitouch control to speed up your efficiency
• Interact with and control your mix in whole new ways
• Perform keystroke shortcuts and more with a single tap
• Bring tactile control with you, anywhere you go
• Get fast access to any channel with Tracks view
• Scroll through large mixes 40 tracks at a time
• Select, record-enable, solo, and mute multiple tracks
• Keep an eye on levels with meters on every channel
• Avid Pro Tools 12.1 or later
• Avid Pro Tools | HD 12.1 or later
• Avid Media Composer 8 or later
• Apple Logic Pro X
• Steinberg Cubase 8
• Steinberg Nuendo 6.5
* Please note that while other EUCON-enabled audio and video software may work with Pro Tools | Control, they are not qualified at this time.
Free yourself from the cables that bind
• Work in ways not possible with a wired mouse or control surface
• Record yourself in a different room from your DAW
• Control up to two networked workstations across a facility
• Trigger playback or recording from anywhere
Extend your S3 or Artist Mix workflow
• Get enhanced touch control and customizable layouts
• Navigate mixes faster with Tracks view
• View a counter display and additional visual feedback
• Recall layouts and trigger macros alongside S3 or Artist Mix
• Qualified Mac or Windows-based computer running any supported EUCON-enabled application and EuControl 3.3
• Accessible wireless network. (5Ghz Wi-Fi network recommended)