Russ, Mike, James and Dan catch up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like
- Winner Of The Penteo 7 Pro Competition - Mike Salonen From Sweden
- Win A McDSP Native or DSP Everything Pack
- Win A Pair Of MXL CR21 OR CR89 Microphones
- Enter to win a SR25 Cardioid Mic from Earthworks valued at $774
- Dave Hill Bundle - Phoenix II, Peacock & RAII £575 - 40% Discount
- Acon Digital DeFilter Plug-in £39 - 33% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Buy a 6176 Vintage Channel Strip & Get a FREE UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator with Plug-Ins! Now, purchase a 6176 Vintage Channel Strip from an authorized UA retailer between July 1st and September 30th, 2015, and you’ll receive a UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator — your choice of PCIe Card, Satellite FireWire or Satellite Thunderbolt — with the “Analog Classics Plus” plug-in bundle —absolutely free!
- 5 Pro Tools Free Factory Plug-ins You Should Not Ignore
- Installation & Testing Of Create Pro 12 Core Mac Pro Upgrade
- Plug-Ins I Love - The Unbeatable Beat Maker
- Plugins I Love For Post
- Avid Pro Tools First Review - The Free Version Of Pro Tools
- Pro Tools Expert Podcast Extra Interview With Roy Golden
- Your Amazing Plug-ins May Be Reducing Your Ability To Develop Real Recording Skills
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Nathan Malone got in touch to tell us about his kickstarter project to produce an 8 slot 500 series chassis with Digital and analog I/O along with MIDI I/O to the first 4 slots. The digital connections are via ADAT so that people can use their ADAT ports on their interfaces with quality gear. Check it out at the Kickstarter web site
Questions From The Community
- Mark Dubravec asks our view about the appropriate LUFS standard for online content.
- Larry Alexander asks whether we are using Yosemite on our Pro Tools rigs
Find Of The Week
- Russ - SSL Xlogic alpha channel
- Mike - PMC monitors, I am buying a secondhand PMC LB1 system with Bryston amps that will give me a much bigger bang for my buck.
- James - Blue Mo-Fi Headphones. Very sexy sound…. If sound can be sexy.
- Dan - Yamaha SH Silent Piano