FabFilter has released the FabFilter Pro-C 2, a major update to the FabFilter Pro-C compressor plug-in. They have added five brand-new compression styles to make FabFilter Pro-C 2 even more versatile in common scenarios such as vocal processing, mastering or EDM pumping. Other new features, include lookahead, range, hold, side-chain EQ, oversampling, and a fully redesigned user interface, FabFilter Pro-C 2 builds on its predecessor in every way while respecting the original’s transparency and elegance.
FabFilterPro-C 2 Key Features
- Eight different compression styles, five of which are new in version 2: Vocal, Mastering, Bus, Punch and Pumping
- Remarkable Retina interface, with (optional) animated level knee displays and accurate peak/loudness metering
- Side-chain EQ section, with customizable HP and LP filters, plus an additional freely adjustable filter
- Program-dependent attack and release curves
- Smooth Lookahead (up to 20 ms), which can be enabled/disabled to ensure zero-latency processing
- Intelligent Auto Gain
- Hold (up to 500 ms)
- Custom Knee, variable from hard knee to a 72 dB soft knee (to enable saturation-like effects)
- Auto Release
- Up to 4x Oversampling
- Variable stereo linking and mid/side processing, with mid-only, side-only, M > S and S > M processing
- Audition Triggering option, which enables users to hear on which parts of the audio FabFilter Pro-C 2 is triggering and how much compression is being applied
- Multiple interface sizes (Small, Medium, and Large), plus Full Screen mode, offering a large level display and side-chain EQ controller
- Range setting, which limits the maximum applied gain change
- Mix setting, which scales the gain change from 0% to 200%
- Accurate, large level and gain meters, with peak and loudness level visualization (which complies with the Momentary mode of the EBU R128 / ITU-R 1770 standards)
- Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows
- External side-chain triggering
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Optional MIDI triggering
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
FabFilter Pro-C 2 Pricing
FabFilter Pro-C 2 is now available for €149, $179 or £114, Bundles with FabFilter Pro-C 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available from the FabFilter store.
FabFilter Pro-C 2 Upgrades
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase or upgrade to FabFilter Pro-C 2 with very attractive discounts by logging in to their online user account.
FabFilter Pro-C 2 System Requirements
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP and a VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools in AAX, RTAS and AudioSuite plug-in formats.
- Mac OS X 10.5 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools AAX, RTAS and AudioSuite plug-in formats.
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts are supported.