Today sees the launch of Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, the follow up to the multi award winning virtual instrument Omnisphere.
What Is In Omnisphere 2?
The upgrade includes the most requested Omnisphere feature: Audio import for user created soundsources, along with major new oscillator features including 100 times the number of DSP Oscillator waveforms, morphing Wavetables, new granular synthesis options, over 3,000 unique new sounds created by Spectrasonics acclaimed sound design team, 25 new FX units, an enhanced User Interface, and innovative production/browsing features like Sound Match™ to instantly locate any related sounds in the library, and Sound Lock™ to create endless useful patch variations by locking sound aspects while browsing other patches. Spectrasonics’ Founder and Creative Director Eric Persing told us...
Our biggest goal with Omnisphere 2 is to offer more freedom to create for every type of person using it,” states Spectrasonics’ Founder and Creative Director Eric Persing. “This is the first 'version 2' of any of our software instruments, and it's monumental! We had a blast creating all the features and sounds over many years and we can't wait to see what our users are inspired to do with Omnisphere 2.
Omnisphere 2 Pricing
- Retail Price: £295/€399
- Standard Upgrade Price: £149/€199
- There will be a free grace period upgrade for any purchases of Omnisphere from October 2014 thru May 2015.
- Buy Omnisphere 2 from Time+Space and get a receive a free Omnisphere presets bundle from Audiority.
Omnisphere 2 New Features Overview:
- Audio Import - Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator - an increase of 100X
- Wavetable Synthesis - Each Waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm
- Deeper FM/Ring Mod capabilities for aggressive timbres
- 8 New Filter Types - New Power Filters, Vowel, Resonators
- New Unison Drift models Analog Polysynth behavior
- Expanded Modulation with new sources and many more targets
- Polyphonic LFO and Modulation Envelope options
- Soundsource Reversing
- Now includes over 10,000 sounds
- More than 3,000 New patches and soundsources from acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Design Team
- New Omnisphere EDM library with cutting-edge, modern sounds
- New Exclusive Soundsources from Diego Stocco's Custom Built Instruments
- New category of Phrase-based Soundsources for granular synthesis
- Hundreds of new Circuit Bent Soundsources
- Many Innovative new Psychoacoustic Soundsources
- New Melodic Cave Stalactites Soundsources
- New Interface:
- Redesigned Wider User Interface with many improvements
- New Show Modulation pane opens modulation routings/sources on left side
- New Mini-Browser available at all times
- Larger Full Browser Design
There is so much more to share about Omnisphere 2. Check it all out at the Omnisphere 2 pages on Time+Space and don't forget if you buy Omnisphere 2 from them you will get a free Omnisphere presets bundle from Audiority.