Ozone 7 is a set of mastering tools designed for both professionals and aspiring music producers to easily add a final level of polish to their mixes and audio recordings.
The Ozone family of products includes both Ozone 7 and Ozone 7 Advanced, which includes additional features for gluing together a mix. Ozone 7 Advanced users can take advantage of four brand-new vintage-inspired modules, designed to add deep, rich analog character to digital recordings. Additionally, the new Codec Preview feature lets Advanced users audition the effect of industry-standard codecs on their master, making it easier to make necessary adjustments before exporting for digital distribution. iZotope Product Manager Izzy Maxwell told us..
Ozone 7 builds on iZotope's reputation for superior sound quality and mastering tools. We've added new processing capabilities that honor all the aspects of vintage hardware that people love-warmth, saturation, character, richness-and reimagines them for the modern digital music production realm.
Ozone 7 Key Features:
- Vintage Limiter: Glue a mix together, control dynamic range, and add character
- Vintage Tape [Advanced only]: Add the distinctive sonic characteristics of analog tape to modern digital recordings
- Vintage Compressor [Advanced only]: Add subtle warming and sweetening effects with a single-band, program-dependent vintage compressor
- Vintage EQ [Advanced only]: Add the richness, warmth, and color of analog equalization to digital audio
- Maximizer with new IRC IV mode: Increase perceived loudness without pumping or distortion with the mode's innovative new spectral shaping technology
- Dynamic EQ: Now included in both versions of Ozone with improved features and optimized performance
- A comprehensive bank of presets: Includes Signature Mastering Presets from Greg Calbi, the notable mastering engineer whose career spans from John Lennon to Bruce Springsteen to Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett
- New export options: Encode mastered audio to MP3 and AAC formats
Ozone 7 runs as a standalone application, or as a plug-in in your audio editing software. Ozone 7 Advanced includes ten additional component plug-ins for direct access to individual Ozone modules in your host like Pro Tools.
Ozone 7 Advanced is also available as part of iZotope's Music Production Bundle with Insight, Alloy 2, Nectar 2 Production Suite, and Trash 2 (plus two Trash Expansions).
Ozone 7 Pricing & Upgrades
The Music Production Bundle, Ozone 7 Advanced, and Ozone 7 are on sale through November 11, 2015:
- Music Production Bundle is available for $549 USD, then after Nov 11th it will be $599
- Ozone 7 Advanced is available for $449 USD, then after Nov 11th it will be $499
- Ozone 7 is available for $199 USD, then after Nov 11th it will be $249
Upgrade pricing can be found on iZotope's website, and owners of previous versions of Ozone can find their upgrade coupons in their iZotope accounts.
All customers who purchased Ozone 6 or Ozone 6 Advanced after August 26, 2015 will receive a free upgrade to the respective version of Ozone 7.