Russ, Mike, James and Dan catch up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Check Out The Audio Market
Don't forget that we have the special Audio Market page where we offer smaller developers the opportunity to reach the Pro Tools community at a much lower price.
Groove 3 Titles We Like....
- Groove 3 are running their Big November sale The 1 year All Access pass is down to $99, 2 years for $175 and 3 years for $225. Also during November they are offering 50% off all downloads.
- Win A FabFilter Total Bundle Worth £1181 Bought Separately
- Win One Of Five PureMix Annual Subscriptions
- Win The New Plugin Alliance 100% AAX DSP Bundle Worth $2,895
- Win A Copy Of Pro Tools 12.3 from RSPE Audio
- ADL Penteo 7 Pro £325 - 50% Discount. To celebrate the Windows release of Penteo 7 Pro, we have managed to negotiate a great deal.
- Sonarworks Reference 3 Studio Calibration Software With Microphone £155 or buy just the software for £132 which is a 20% saving. If you buy the bundle with the mic, there will be shipping to pay when you go to the Sonarworks store to redeem the voucher.
- Our friends at Synchro Arts are offering a 30% discount across their entire range including upgrades which finishes on November 26th so hurry if you would like to take advantage of VocALign, Revoice Pro and Titan.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Free UAD plug-ins! Until Dec 31st, buy a lovely new Universal Audio Apollo Twin desktop audio interface (including new USB version) get up to three free UAD plug-ins worth £339! What you get depends on whether you go Solo or Duo.
- Report From The PureMix Masterclass With Mick Guzauski and Fab Dupont Part 1 & Part 2
- Review of PEARL Concert Grand Piano VI by Impact Soundworks
- Slate Media Technology Release Raven 3.0 Software - Now Supports Most DAWs
- Review & Test Of Stealth Limiter By IK Multimedia
- 10 Clichés To Avoid In A Film Mix
- The Gear We Use To Record Our Songs Matters Far Less Than We Often Think
- Review Of Martin France Drums By Rattly And Raw
- Should You Upgrade Your Pro Tools HD Hardware Before The End Of 2015? We Do The Sums
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Justin Arey who looks after the Eleven Rack Presets site has some thoughts about the new Eleven MKII plug-in and whether it replaces the Eleven Rack hardware. Look out for a a more detailed story on this.
- John Fueston Would like Dan to make a video on how he uses his C24 control surface. Watch out for this video in the coming weeks.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Look out for a video with Richard from Create Pro as he makes a backup of James’ Mac Pro, and then do a fresh system install and then restore your system.
- Colin Culligan has some questions about Machine and the Sugarbytes VST Wrapper. Check out the Blue Cat Audio Patchwork.
- Peter Juul Kristensen would like to know how Mike achieved bringing his Mac Pro audio back into his HD Omni interface when using it as a monitor controller.
- Richard Wheeler wanted to know about rights regarding using using loops and beats in commercially released songs.
- Ben Marsh would like to know how to upgrade the RTAS versions of the AIR Instrumental Pack to AAX fro Pro Tools 11. Check this post on the Air Music Tech forum
Team Find Of The Week
- Russ - Archive in place - trick to zip up your plug-ins in-situ. A more detailed story to follow.
- Mike - Presonus RC500 1U channel strip
- James - A new service called The Audio Hunt. It is still in Beta but looks like it could be a very cool way to get you and your gear working.
- Dan - The greatest snare drum tuning trick EVER?