Russ, Mike, James and Julian catch up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like....
"Alchemy 2 Explained” by the one and only Eli Krantzberg covering this virtual synth inside and out.
- Quiet Art WaveRider 3 - £69, Defaulter 1.5 - £41, Or Bundled Together For £99
- Marquis Broadcast X2 Pro - FCPX To Pro Tools Software - 50% Discount For Two Weeks - For two weeks Marquis Broadcast have brought down the normal price of £109.99 by 50%. Check out the video Russ and Mike made showing you not only how to use it but some best practice tips and tricks too. If you need to handle audio post production of FCPX projects then this is the tool you will need.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Free UAD plug-ins! Until Dec 31st, buy a lovely new Universal Audio Apollo Twin desktop audio interface (including new USB version) get up to three free UAD plug-ins worth £339! What you get depends on whether you go Solo or Duo.
- Jigsaw24 To Demo Trinnov D-Mon At Their Autumn 'Mix With The Pros' Event On Thursday October 15th
- Share Your Best Tips That Help You In Your Productions - We Have 4 Silver iLoks To Give Away
- Some Concern Over Avid's Decision To Charge For Point Releases Of Pro Tools
- Real World Review Of The Universal Audio Apollo 8 & 8P
- How To Set Up The I/O In The Universal Audio Apollo Console
- 7 Things A Pro Tools Editor Would Ask A Video Editor
- A-Z Of UAD - D Is For Dangerous
- 5 Habits Of An Audio Post Production Editor & Mixer
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Suggested names for the silver iLoks. James Davis suggests Battleship or keeping the Star Wars theme Star Destroyer. Michael Berry suggests The Lone Ranger iLok who used silver bullets and whose horse was named Silver.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
There are SSDs and there are Angelbird SSDs. A really good page from the guys at Create Pro on why should maybe look at a Angelbird rather than other brands of SSD for your PCIE or ESATA machines.
- Knut Richard Vanderloock wanted clarification regarding the status of perpetual licenses having signed up for an Avid Support/Upgrade plan for Pro Tools Vanilla
- Alex Staal would like to know if he can use a Tascam DM-4800 with Pro Tools 11
- There is a post on the DUC
- The replacement for the 4800 is the 3200 - Tascam has a guide for its use with Pro Tools
- Sweetwater have a tutorial on how to set one up with Pro Tools 9and above
- There are also some posts on the Tascam forum including this one
- Juan Ignacio Waissman asks if it is possible to use a Digidesign 002 and an Apollo Thunderbolt interface at the same time and to be able to use the faders on the 002.
- Max Nübling would like some help using an Apollo 16 with hardware inserts with Pro Tools 12. We recommend you check out the recent video from James - How To Set Up The I/O In The Universal Audio Apollo Console
Team Find Of The Week
- Russ - Muteomatic from Sound Radix
- Mike - Taking a short break, it does wonders.
- James - Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt (Blackface) Just STUNNING.
- Julian - Finally someone has explained the maths behind in a way I can understand -3 vs -6 dB