Hot on the heels from being awarded an Emmy® for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for EdiCue, Sounds in Sync have released EdiPrompt v2. New Features in EdiPrompt v2 include Cue Lists can now be saved as an EdiPrompt Cue List file, visual and audio triggers for cues can be bypassed from Cue List window, visual refresh code rewritten to include new masks.
What Is EdiPrompt?
EdiPrompt reads MIDI commands sent from any Digital Audio Workstation and uses them to display a variety of on-screen prompts. It can also automate the ADR and foley recording process when using Pro Tools by locating to each cue and renaming the record track.
What Are The New Feature In EdiPrompt V2?
- Lists can now be saved as an EdiPrompt Cue List file
- Visual and audio triggers for a cue can be bypassed by clicking the button in the ‘BP’ column (available for cues created by EdiCue)
- New menu option to select the duration of a cue in Pro Tools during a Cue List locate
- Option to default the duration of new Text Cues to a set length while creating new cues
- Reworked code for rename and locate functions for Pro Tools reliability
- All code for streamers and prompts updated adding a new refresh mode preference
- New Masks tab in preferences window with 'Cues' and 'Continuous' mask controls. These replace the previous 'Movie Title Mask'
- Extra check box on Audio tab to trigger only the first beep for Text Cues and Auto Cues
- Messaging that warns to save when settings have been changed, while quitting app or loading a different setting
- New Take # controls to allow number to be updated directly
- Option to pan Take Speech audio left or right
- Increased max number of Pro Tools record tracks that can be renamed from 12 to 24
- Timing tweaks for rename Hotkey (required for Mavericks, Yosemite, PT11 and PT12)
- Compatibility with PT10 + PT11/12 co-installs (no longer need to hide PT11/12 to use PT10)
- Upgraded graphics of all windows for retina compatibility
- Bug fix so unused tabs on main window are disabled as per previous releases
Existing EdiPrompt owners can purchase an upgrade from EdiPrompt version 1 to version 2, for $100.
EdiPrompt v1 license holders who purchased after March 8, 2015 can upgrade to version 2 free of charge. This offer is valid till the end of November 2015 and can be requested via Sounds In Sync's Contact page.