You may have seen producer Fab Dupont and the South African band The Arrows take the song ‘Words to Say’ from demo track to a mix-ready session in the free 6 part video series called ‘From Creation to Mix’. In this 1 hour 23 minute tutorial video, Fab Dupont unveils his final release-ready mix of that same Pro Tools session.
Watch and learn as Fab deconstructs the existing mix and explains how and why each element made it to the final mix.
Fab worked 95% in the box except for some analog summing and analog 2-Bus processing. These are the plug-ins he used in this example of a modern pop production.
- UAD: DBX160, SPL Transient Designer, LA2, EMT140, EMT250, Lexicon 224, MXR Flanger, Moog Filter, Pultec, IBP, Neve 1073
- Soundtoys: Decapitator, Panman, Devil-Loc, Echoboy
- Sonnox: Oxford Dynamics, Oxford EQ, Suppresser, Limiter
- Plug & Mix: Digital Reverb, Transcontrol
- Massey: Tapehead
- Avid: Eleven, Boom, Xpand2
- Waves: H-Delay