The API 1608, when fitted with the P-Mix Motorised Fader Automation System, can act as a motorised control surface capable of controlling an entire session in your DAW, as well as being a fabulous discrete high-end analogue recording and mixing console. Our friends at Source Distribution have made this video to demonstrate how the API 1608 can bcome a Pro Tools control surface.
The API Audio P-Mix System Features:
- Self-contained system requiring no external computer
- Individual Switch Control on each fader
- Global Control Panel in the console Center Section
- Files are easily saved files to standard SD memory cards
- Automated Mute and Solo switches on each channel
- Unlimited Fader Groups with 2 dedicated Group Master Faders
- Motorised Stereo Fader
- DAW Control with unity gain audio bypass
- Unlimited Mix Restore points
- Retrofit kits for existing 1608 consoles
- System is expandable in groups of 8 channels, up to 48 channels
If you’re based in the UK and have any questions about the 1608, or the P-Mix system, then you can contact our friends at Source Distribution.
If you are outside the UK then go to the API web site.