Our friends at Focusrite are running a great offer too encourage Pro Tools users to go Rednet. Until August 31st 2014 you can trade in any Pro tools compatible interface and get £500 off the price of the Focusrite Rednet 5 HD interface.
What Is a Rednet 5?
RedNet 5 connects your RedNet system to Pro Tools HD®. Up to six units can be connected to one Pro Tools HDX system, supporting up to 192 channels at 96 kHz or 96 channels at 192 kHz. Pro Tools HD® Native and Pro Tools HD® (TDM) are also supported. RedNet 5 is interoperable with other Pro Tools interfaces and no RedNet PCIe card is required.
Key Features And Performance:
- Upgrade to RedNet interfaces while remaining fully compatible with your saved sessions
- Each RedNet 5 can route up to 32 input and 32 output channels between your RedNet network and Pro Tools HD system
- Connecting six RedNet 5 units to a Pro Tools HDX system allows up to 192 inputs and outputs - the maximum supported by Pro Tools HDX.
- Maintain your existing Pro Tools workflow with simple, logical assignment of RedNet I/O to Pro Tools HD inputs and outputs
- Compatible with Pro Tools HD® TDM systems
What is RedNet?
RedNet is Focusrite’s range of modular Ethernet-networked audio interfaces that harness the Dante digital audio networking system to bring studio quality sound to any modern audio application using cat 5 or cat 6 infrastructure. RedNet is a scalable, near zero latency audio distribution system that can be used to expand I/O channel count, interface digital components, and/or bridge between Pro Tools|HD or MADI and the Dante audio network.