A couple of months ago we offered the very cost effective ReVerberate plug-in from Acon Digital and a lot of you bought it. This month we are offering their DeVerberate plug-in which is desigend to reduce the reverb in existing recordings. Check out Mike’s Show and Tell Review to see how he got on with DeVerberate.
Acon Digital DeVerberate
The balance between direct sound and reverberation is essential for the acoustic quality of audio recordings. DeVerberate is a reverb reduction plug-in that can attenuate or boost the reverberation that is already present in recorded material. The novel real-time algorithm works equally well with mono as with stereo recordings and splits the incoming audio into an estimation of the direct sound and the reverberated sound which can then be recombined freely. The improvement process can be monitored visually using the spectral representations of the input and output signal as well as of the estimated reverberation.
Acon Digital DeVerberate Features
- Separate adjustments of the direct sound and the reverberation levels
- Manual adjustment of the decay time of the original reverberation
- Frequency spectrum representation of the of the following signals:
- Input signal
- Output signal
- Estimated reverberation
- Frequency emphasis filter for the the reduction level
- High and low shelving filters with variable slopes (-3 to -96 dB / octave)
- High and low peak filters with adjustable bandwidth (0.1 to 3.0 octaves)
- Graphical representation of frequency response
- Editing of filter settings through handles in the frequency response curve