Our friends at Sounds In Sync have released updates for 2 more of their post production applications.
EdiChart v3 now loads Pro Tools 10 and above (.ptx) session files directly and is authorised using 2nd generation PACE iLoks.
EdiChart v1 and v2 license holders can purchase an upgrade from Sound In Sync’s web store. Those who upgrade before May 1, 2014 will receive a 30% discount voucher for new licenses of our conform and re-conform application EdiLoad.
EdiChart automates the process of creating dubbing charts for mixers. It can load edit information from Pro Tools and create a chart in the form of a pdf file. Available in OS X (Intel) and Windows (Win7+8 32/64bit), the program provides the option to activate a three day trial license when first run.
EdiChart v3 Features
- Loads Pro Tools v10 and above (.ptx) session files directly
- Uses unique print scaling options to economise paper use while printing all data required, including all of region name
- Prints region and marker data using Timecodes or Footages
- Combines Tracks to represent Pro Tools outputs that have been mixed together
- Exports total duration of all regions selected in TC/F+F and seconds. Can be used to calculate total durations of music cues by composer Example List
- Selects start and end time; first and last track; number of tracks per page; timescale ratios and fonts and colours for each printed element
- Reads TAGs in region and track names to further customise print layout, including legacy TAGs
- Converts any track width (stereo, LCR, 5.1 …) into a single track
- Sets the Text Encoding (character set) used while loading and saving files, required for compatibility with international characters
- Automatically loads Pro Tools text files with Chinese, Japanese and Korean headers
- Saves and recalls five global user settings
- Compatible with Pro Tools version 7 and above
This update contains minor changes for OS X 10.9 (“Mavericks”) and Windows 7/8. You can download it here.
EdiMarker converts MIDI files containing Pro Tools markers into text files and vice versa. It provides sound editors with a streamlined way of extracting marker data from a session or creating Pro Tools markers from a list of names and locations. EdiMarker can also be used to transfer markers between Pro Tools and Nuendo. Available for OS X and Windows, the program is licensed as freeware.
EdiMarker v1.3.0 Features
- Loads marker data from MIDI files generated by Pro Tools, tab-delimited text files and Nuendo CSV marker files
- Exports marker data as a tab-delimited text files or MIDI files
- Reads and writes marker locations in timecode, footages or minutes and seconds
- Sets the text encoding to enable transfer of non-English characters