Some people consider tape ADT to be some of the finest there is, so when Waves and Abbey Road join forces to offer a version as a plug-in then there’s every chance we are in for a treat.
Waves/Abbey Road Reel ADT Background
Waves claims that Waves/Abbey Road Reel ADT is the first plug-in to successfully emulate Abbey Road Studios’ pioneering process of Artificial Double Tracking. The effect that would become an integral part of Abbey Road’s signature sound was initially created at the famed studios in the 1960s to meet the needs of some very special clients: The Beatles.
It features the combination of tapes and valves from a vintage Abbey Road machine, even better it offers other tape based modulation effects such as phasing and flanging, as well as tape saturation.
Features of Waves/Abbey Road Reel ADT
- Developed in association with Abbey Road Studios
- Genuine tape-sounding
- ADT plugin
- For the first time ever, a full exact recall automation of the ADT effect
- Different tape sounds for source and ADT signals
- Exclusive 2-voice component
- Separate drive control for each path
- Manual and automatic control
- MIDI-assignable manual control for the most authentic user experience possible