Well known for their authentic sounding software recreations of some of the most well known and lusted after Synthesizers in history Arturia have updated their V Collection to version 4 which gives the previous versions an overhaul, changes the copy protections system from eLicenser to Arturias own new ASC software based licensing and introduced some more classic recreations to the party.
Oberheim Matrix 12
First up one that excites Me the most is the beyond legendary Oberheim Matrix 12
If you have never heard what these bad boys can do and you like huge fat pad sounds then you are in for a treat!
Often coveted, rarely found for sale, and known as one of the greatest analog synths ever made, the Oberheim Matrix 12 was the crowning pinnacle of Oberheim products. Used by the likes of Joe Zawinul, Michael Brecker, Keith Emerson, Vince Clarke, Tangerine Dream, Nitzer Ebb, and many more, it is now available to you too.
- Two oscillators, each offering triangle, sawtooth and variable-width pulse wave with PWM.
- Oscillator 2 also offers a white noise generator.
- Oscillator 1 can be frequency modulated.
- Single filter with 15 modes, 4 Low Pass, 3 High Pass, 2 Band Pass modes, Notch, Phase Shift plus four additional “combo” filter modes.
- Ultra-powerful modulation matrix with 27 sources and 47 destinations.
- Sources include 5 envelopes, 5 LFOs, 4 Ramp, 3 Track generators, Velocity, Pressure, Keyboard follow,
- Two insert effect slots with six studio-grade effects to choose from.
- 12 voices of polyphony like the original instrument
- Works in Standalone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX.
There is far more detail to this Synth than i can fit in one post here so check out the full overview including videos and sound examples Here
Solina String Ensemble
Next up is another hard to find gem, The thick lush sound of the Solina String Ensemble,
The Solina V is our latest venture into classic keyboards. We have modeled and faithfully reproduced the classic Arp/Eminent Solina string ensemble to generate those warm and fuzzy string sounds that graced so many hit records.
- All the original parameters of the Arp/Eminent Solina string ensemble.
- Vox Humana sound modeled after the original Polymoog™ synthesizer
- Classic Paraphonic operation as well as separate Polyphonic mode
- Polymoog™ resonator section on Upper Section
- 24dB per octave resonant filter on Bass Section
- Arpeggiator on Bass Section
- LFO for Vibrato, Tremolo and filter modulations
- Aftertouch and velocity modulations
- Solina MK1 and MK2 ensemble modes
- 3 mode Stereo chorus
- stereo dual phaser
- analog delay
- digital sync delay
- Convolution reverb with 24 modeled reverbs
- 150 presets
- Works in Standalone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX.
Again take a look at the full overview including videos and sound examples Here:
Adding some electric piano style is the Vox Continental 300 and Jennings J70 models
The VOX Continental V is our latest vintage keyboard recreation, bringing back the classic sound of the famous VOX Continental 300. This classic organ was used on some of the most famous songs by the greatest bands of the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and beyond, the VOX Continental V will give you instant access to these hit making sounds and more.
- Physical Modeling of the VOX Continental 300.
- Added models of the ultra rare Jennings J70.
- Extended mode allows for more controls and more sound possibilities.
- Includes classic stompbox-type modeled effects.
- Modeled Guitar Tube Amp and Rotary Speaker outputs for vintage live sound.
- Extensive MIDI mapping of pedals, effects and sound engine parameters.
- Modeled amplifiers: *Fender Deluxe Reverb Blackface, Fender Twin Reverb Blackface, Fender Bassman, Marshall Plexi, Leslie Speaker.
- Modeled microphones: *Shure SM57, Sennheiser MD 421, Neumann U 87.
- Convolution reverb with custom classic spring reverbs.
- Advanced Features
- Dual manual VOX 300 emulation
- Jennings J70 voice engine mode
- Classic red/orange VOX skin or UK VOX/Jennings grey skin
- Upper manual, lower manual and bass pedal sections
- Complete MIDI mapping
- Multiple output effects processors
- Supports MIDI splits or independent channels per manual
- Tight integration with Arturia Keylab MIDI Controller keyboards
- VST, VST3, AU, AAX and standalone versions.
EXPANDED mode :
- Adds a full compliment of drawbars for each harmonic
- Adds a new waveform drawbar on each section
- Vibrato, tremolo, reverb, overdrive and more effects
- Leslie™ and guitar amp simulator outputs
- Expanded percussion section with short and long decay times
OPEN mode :
- Allows for individual tuning of each pitch like a real VOX
- Increase or decrease the key contact timing (simulates older key contacts)
- Switch between the VOX 300 circuit emulation and the updated Jennings J70 engine.
- Increase or decrease the background noise bleed that older VOX/Jennings have.
You’ll find further details as well as videos and sound examples Here:
Arturia announces easy-activation Arturia Software Center (ASC) application
Along with the new Synths Arturia have implemented their own new authorisation system,
Here’s what they say about it:
Ungainly USB dongle-based software protection and cumbersome ‘call-and-response’ activation routines are thankfully now a thing of the past for all Arturia software users as ASC allows them to register, activate, download, install, and update all of their instruments — those that they already own and those that they have just purchased — in one convenient place. Put simply, improved user experience is the name of the game (changer) here.
How so? In the first instance, ASC is automatically installed on any computer when any Arturia product protected by ASC is first installed. ASC connects users to their MyArturia account where they can view a straightforward summary online of any products that they already own and also their associated serial numbers/unlock codes. Conveniently, this web page is synced with ASC (although ASC also works offline - useful when working in a recording studio, for example).
Product registration really couldn’t be simpler… simply open ASC and click on the Add Product button; it is then added to the main ASC page and automatically synced on up to five computers (with no restrictions at all). There users can clearly see any Arturia software products that they already own. Conversely, checking out any Arturia products that they have yet to purchase is always an absorbing user experience as well, which is exactly why these are also shown on the main ASC page — providing easy access to demo versions is a surefire way of improving that particular user experience, after all.
Software installation on up to five computers using ASC is also a breeze. Both downloading and updating is simplicity itself — just like in iTunes or any Android app. All you have to do is click Install or Update… voilà! Let creativity (re)commence quickly and painlessly then music-making will surely follow. As Arturia CEO Adrien Courdavault cleverly concluded when showcasing the accessible application to a suitably captivated audience of invited industry insiders and VIP guests at the Museum of Grenoble during a keynote presentation as part of the company’s 15th anniversary celebration on October 3, 2014, “Now you can focus on the most important thing to you: your sound.”
The latest Mac (OS X 10.7 or above) and PC (Windows 7 or above) versions of Arturia Software Centercan be downloaded for free from here:
Watch Arturia CTO Adrien Courdavault introducing Arturia Service Center during a keynote presentation as part of the company’s 15th anniversary celebration here: