This plug-in is a very popular plug-in especially in the post community and it is great to see that even a smaller developer like DMG Audio have taken the trouble to produce a DSP version of their EQ plug-in EQuality.
Very Low CPU Usage
DMG Audio have prided themselves on the low CPU usage load their plug-in put on the computer and that extends to the AAX DSP version too. They tell us that that you can get up to 56 mono or 21 stereo instances on one HDX chip! See below for the full details at different sample rates….
- Mono instances per chip: 56,42,18 at 48/96/192
- Stereo instances per chip: 21,10,4 at 48/96/192
If you haven’t come across EQuality then here is a brief overview…
- Very low CPU usage for every track of your mix
- Generates super-high-quality prototypes. Clear undistorted top.
- Digital+ mode; turns awesome into perfect.
- Linear/Analogue/Minimum phase modes for master and special channels
- 6 bands, 2 shelf/bells, 4 bell/notches, Q 0.1->50, +/-36dB range
- 2 fully parametric filters (high and low-pass), 6/12/18/24/30/36db/oct Q 0.1->20
- Three different UI modes to taste - full, graph and knobs.
- M/S processing modes
- Windows - AAX 32, AAX 64, RTAS, VST, VST3, VST 64, VST3 64.
- Mac - AAX 32, AAX 64, RTAS, VST, VST3, VST 64, VST3 64, AU32+64bit,