Avid have released v11.1.2 for Pro Tools. Make sure you read al the information before you update. There are a number of small fixes in this new version…
- Fixed a case where some plug-ins could not be switched out of bypassed state.
- Automation now properly interacts with linked plug-in parameters.
- C|24 HD-specific features are now available when using Pro Tools HD with non-HD hardware, including Aggregate I/O.
- Automation thinning no longer occurs improperly to breakpoints outside the most recent pass.
- Pro Tools now correctly extracts audio from imported AAF files.
- When there are missing files in an open session, mounting a volume no longer causes the Relink dialog to open.
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly on launch with networked home folders via OS X Open Directory.
- Pro Tools now recognizes Finder folders that contain a forward slash “/” in their name.
System Requirements and Compatibility with Pro Tools 11 Software
- Pro Tools 11.1.2 supports Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)
- Pro Tools 11.1.2 supports Windows 8 and Windows 7
Pro Tools 11.1.2 Read Me & Additional Notes
- Co-install of Pro Tools 11.1.2 and Media Composer does not allow Media Composer to be a Video Satellite (details)
- Co-installing Pro Tools 11 with Pro Tools 10.3.6 or higher, do NOT update to HD 11 Drivers if using HD Accel TDM hardware
HDX Firmware Update
- Pro Tools 11.1.x requires a firmware update for HDX cards
- Firmware update takes place during Pro Tools launch
- The firmware update was tested for backwards compatibility with Pro Tools 10.3.6 and later
Late Breaking Technical Issues
- Pro Tools 11.1.x Satellite Link and Video Satellite compatibility updates
- Pro Tools 11.1.x co-install with Pro Tools 10.x is not supported using Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Pro Tools 11.1.x co-install is now supported with Media Composer 188.8.131.52 and 7.0.3 and higher using Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Registered owners of Pro Tools 11 - Log In to your Avid Account to download Installers from the Your Products section
- Review the Read Me file before installing or updating Pro Tools 11.1.2 for known issues that could impact your workflow
As we always say, don’t update if you are in the midddle of a job. Wait until you have finished and have some down time before undertaking any update.