With the support of iLok, more tips & tricks from the community. Here is one from Brandon Willoughby….
With stereo effects (reverb, delay, flanger…) on a mix things can get clouded quickly. Leave the hard left and right panning for effects. Pan instruments and vocals in the mix from center to 95% while leaving the last 5% for effects. In a real space, reverb usually surrounds the sound source. The 5% in the mix for effects offers the illusion that the tracks are enveloped in the effect. This is a more natural sound than stacking things hard left and right on top of the fx chains. Don’t forget to use some effects in mono; this will add depth to your mix. If you feel the mix needs more width; use a stereorizer.
If you would like the chance to win a stormtrooper iLok, courtesy of iLok, send in tips you think no one has thought about. Please don’t just send shortcuts which are easily found elsewhere, or pull ideas from the manual; instead, be creative about your tips & tricks. Please use the Contact Us page to send us have your tips.