There’s some predictions coming from previously credible sources that a new Mac Pro may be unveiled at WWDC 2013, although it’s fair to also say there are also some concerns that we may never see one.
Some of the rumours are suggesting the wait was tied to the release of the new Intel chips and also the updated Thunderbolt protocol, who knows?
So we want to know what you hope to see in a new Mac Pro, speed, size price - we are guessing all three!
Let us know… wish away!
on 2013-06-07 20:42 by Pro Tools Expert
Update, Computerworld are making these suggestions about a new Mac Pro.
New additions seem likely to include:
- Implementation of Fusion Drive support;
- 3TB hard drive as standard, with flash storage options;
- Faster 802.11ac Wi-Fi;
- Significant improvements in energy efficiency;
- Optical drive no longer ships as standard;
- Faster processors and more RAM seem inevitable.
Will the new Mac Pro be expandable? It seems unlikely (but not impossible) that Apple will demand peripheral makers adopt a new drive standard, but it is potentially probable it will move to Thunderbolt/Lightning for all peripherals.