Mike takes a look at the new Liny EQ from Blue Cat Audio and discovers some very interesting features, take a look. Phase linear EQ plug-ins are especially useful in mastering scenarios and there are a good number of features in Blue Cat Audio’s Liny EQ that have mastering work written all over them like MS and the Spectrogram display is brilliant.
There are demos versions to download from the Liny EQ page on the Blue Cat Audio site.
- Linear phase graphic equalizer
- very short latency (less than 3 ms: 128 samples at 44,1 kHz), with minimal pre-ringing artefacts.
- customizable range (+/- 40 dB).
- Exact EQ curve display.
- Four EQ shapes.
- Automatic gain compensation.
- Real time spectrum analyzer display.
- High resolution color and greyscale spectrogram display.
- High resolution color peak meter.
- Single and dual channel versions.
- Left/right or mid/side processing for spectral stereo widening or narrowing.
- Advanced channels linking capabilities.
- Multiple display sizes.
- Highly customizable user interface: display what you need, the way you need.
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Any sample rate supported.