Ever tried to navigate to your sounds via the browser in any version of Structure to be presented with the Mac beach ball of death? It may also be the same in Windows, but I’m a Mac user so we need to ask Neil.
Anyway, you can spend days trying to fix this - but the best way to fix a problem is to find out why it happens in the first place.
In the case of Structure going on holiday when you try to open the browser (hence the beachball I suppose), this is because it decides to try and see every drive attached to your Mac, which includes any network drives - connected or not. So in one way Pro Tools hasn’t crashed, but you’ll be sitting there for a very long time (my guess is years) before it stops hanging.
So the way to fix it is the following;
- Close Pro Tools
- Trash the Structure pref file and log out.
- Turn off all your internet connections in System Preferences/Network, they should all show red when you have. Also disconnect any network connected drives
- Open Pro Tools.
- Then insert Structure and browse to your Structure library folder. No hang.
- To be safe add that folder to your favourites.
- If it happens mid session you can also turn off your network and it might fix it.
After that Structure won’t decide to search the entire globe for your folders because it now knows where they are. Fixed.