Yesterday Avid announced ‘just in time for Christmas’ the Pro Tools 11.1 update. Some users stuggled to find the list of changes that Pro Tools 11.1 includes, below the list of updates (or should we say fixes) included. Out of interest last week Apple released Logic Pro X 10.0.5, the release notes are here… discuss.
Again, Mac users wanting to use Mavericks in particular are left wondering if this update will break more than it fixes. Early indications seem to show a mixed response, unless you have current issues with exisiting versions and the fix is shown in the list below then you may want to wait before updating.
- PTSW-184656: AudioSuite window now includes Plug-In name.
- PTSW-180095: Added Applescript support for the “Save Session Copy” command.
- PTSW-180085: Improved support for Nudge values with the VoiceOver accessibility option in OSX.
- PTSW-180084: Improved support for memory locations with the VoiceOver accessibility option in OSX.
- PTSW-180083: Improved support for the Click II plug-in with the VoiceOver accessibility option in OSX.
- PTSW-180082: Improved support for Memory Locations with the VoiceOver accessibility option in OSX.
- PTSW-180080: Improved support for window configurations with the VoiceOver accessibility option in OSX.
- PTSW-189731: Improved support for track selector, preset selection, and automation controls from within plug-in windows with the VoiceOver accessibility option in OSX.
- PTSW-180081: Improved support for Delete Unused Playlist dialogs with the VoiceOver accessibility option in OSX.
- PTSW-180078: Improved support for Beat Detective with the VoiceOver accessibility option in OSX
- PTSW-187111: Fixed an issue that delayed automation mode switching on VCA tracks.
- PTSW-187110: Fixed an issue that prevented engaging playback within several seconds of completing an automation pass.
- PTSW-185374: Fixed an issue that prevented pasting volume automation under certain circumstances.
- Bounce to Disk
- PTSW-189468: Improved bounce functionality when using multiple buses in series.
- PTSW-185058: Improved MIDI handling during realtime bounce.
- PTSW-185425: Inserting plug-ins on unvoiced tracks no longer interferes with offline bounce.
- PTSW-186213: Fixed a case where importing multichannel interleaved audio files would arrange channels out of order.
- PTSW-182253: **made a point to mention audio only, since OMF files containing video are not supported. “Fixed an issue that would prevent Pro Tools from importing some audio-only OMF files.”
- PTSW-167656: Improved handling of AAF files that contain source material of mixed frame rates.
- PTSW-190308: Fixed a case where creating a send would cause Pro Tools to display an “Access violation occurred, unable to read the location. 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF” error on HDX systems.
- PTSW-186590: Fixed an issue that would prevent Pro Tools from properly closing sessions with ReWire inserts.
- PTSW-185903: Pro Tools will now properly detect the AVB64 playback engine for use with System 3 Live consoles.
- PTSW-185111: Fixed an issue where Pro Tools would close unexpectedly while re-linking files.
- PTSW-189414: Fixed an issue that would prevent sessions on read-only drives from opening in Pro Tools.
- PTSW-185844: The Pro Tools installer will now replace older instances of REX Shared Library.
- PTSW-185429: Accessing files on network drives will no longer cause undesirable Core Audio behavior when quitting Pro Tools.
- PTSW-190398: Fixed some instances of Error -9155 in sessions with heavy automation on HDX systems.
- PTSW-185399: Fixed an issue where dense automation on surround tracks would cause Pro Tools to close unexpectedly.
- UME-854: Fixed a case where the Avid Video Engine would fail to load on a non-administrator account in OSX.
- PTSW-183654: Disconnecting from the System 3 Live engine will no longer cause Pro Tools to display an error message.
- PTSW-178204: Pro Tools session templates now include EuControl layouts.
- PTSW-188794: Improved TCE tool stability.
- PTSW-186234: Fixed editing behavior with the Object Grabber.
- PTSW-177550: Fixed an issue where Pro Tools would show undesirable behavior, after recording to the end of a prepared DPE track while in Destructive Punch.
- PTSW-184329: Fixed an issue that caused incorrect Groove Quantize results in some sessions.
- PTSW-186541: Fixed an issue where some notes could become stuck while auditioning from the MIDI Editor window on some PC systems.
- PTSW-186373: Fixed an issue where changing a clip’s user time stamp would result in an error.
- PTSW-189563: Pro Tools now captures MIDI notes that intersect with a punch point.
- PTSW-190083: Fixed an issue that would cause a delay before initiating playback.
- PTSW-189870: Fixed an issue that would prevent recalculation of waveform overviews from the Clips List.
- PTSW-173794: PDF functions now work properly in the Score Editor’s Print menu.
- PTSW-183907: Fixed an issue that would cause Pro Tools to close unexpedtedly when quitting, if several Workspace windows are open.
- PTSW-174720: Pro Tools no longer asks to accept incoming network connections every time it is launched
- PTSW-187122: Uninstalling Pro Tools 11 no longer removes the 32 bit AAX plug-ins that are used by Pro Tools 10.
- PTSW-178630: Pro Tools now installs a new version of the DigiTest diagnostics utility.
- PTSW-187069: “Fixed an issue that prevented Pro Tools installations from properly updating system plug-ins, which could cause fatal errors.” Related to Elastic Audio Plug-In
- PTSW-189655: Fixed an issue that prevented Pro Tools from routing MIDI through ReWire with certain Japanese characters in the device name.
- PTSW-189326: Improved Automatic Delay Compensation stability when toggling track record states.
- PTSW-185410: Fixed an issue where “Load Rig from Computer” would fail in sessions that had been modified by Pro Tools 11.1.
- PTSW-185813: Fixed an issue that prevented some instances of HD plug-ins from being reinstantiated properly on Native systems.
- PTSW-181711: The “Bypass EQ” command (Shift+E) now works properly with Channel Strip.
- PTSW-187057: Fixed an issue that would prevent X-Form from following changes to project tempo.
- PTSW-188337: Improvements to MIDI Timecode stability in Pro Tools 11.1.
- PTSW-185070: Video no longer flickers when playback is stopped by the user.
- PTSW-184691: Video track options no longer appear “greyed out” or unavailable when reopening Pro Tools sessions.
- PTSW-188266: Fixed an issue where Pro Tools would display first frame of the video when stopping or starting the transport while looping.
- PTSW-184563: Fixed an issue that would prevent video from playing without toggling the video track’s online state, after disabling and then enabling Avid Video Engine.
- PTSW-184445: The Video window will no longer relocate when changing size or aspect ratio on systems with multiple displays.
- PTSW-184134: Pro Tools will no longer automatically open a blank Video window if there is no video in the current project.
- PTSW-183074: When re-opening a project with a fullscreen Video window, Pro Tools will now position the Video window correctly.
- PTSW-182566: Pro Tools no longer displays an incorrect frame when trimming video clips.
- UME-912: Improved video nudge performance.
- UME-874: Improved display handling of video files with non-standard aspect ratios.
- UME-856: “Enable video hardware during scrub” now behaves as desired with Black Magic and AJA video peripherals.
- UME-867: Pro Tools systems with Black Magic hardware will now position the playhead properly upon stop when Insertion Follows Playback is disabled.
- UME-327: Increased Avid Video Engine (AVE) performance.
- UME-852: Pro Tools no longer displays an error on some configurations when resizing the video window during playback.
- UME-786: The Video window will now update immediately to reflect user aspect ratio settings.
- PTSW-185803: Improvements to Copy and Relink function in Workspace.
- PTSW-185442: Pro Tools will audition audio files properly from the Workspace with Conform to Session Tempo enabled.
- PTSW-188227: Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping files within the workspace would result in duplicate files.
- PTSW-186544: Searching by tempo in the workspace will now retrieve the correct results.
- PTSW-185946: Files in the Workspace that begin with the same letter as the parent folder can now be selected by typing the first letter.
- PTSW-185747: The Workspace command “Calculate Waveforms” now works properly with MP3 and REX files.
- PTSW-184508: “Select Parent in Workspace” command now functions properly without requiring user to close workspace windows.
- PTSW-183098: Quotation marks are no longer treated as text when searching the Workspace.
- PTSW-182212: Improvements to Workspace window configuration handling.
- PTSW-181789: Fixed issue that would cause selections to be displayed improperly in the Workspace browser.
- PTSW-176649: Fixed an issue that would prevent some files from being relinked in the Catalog browser.
- PTSW-180037: Sorting by name in the Workspace browser no longer alphabetizes files and folders separately.
- PTSW-185452: Fixed an issue that would prevent the Wokspace from properly indexing some SDII files.
Hi, Neil Here,
This is Avid’s published list of known Mavericks issues with Pro Tools, Media Composer and Sibelius