Avid have announced that Pro Tools 11.1 update for Mac and Windows is now available. Registered owners of Pro Tools 11 can download installers from the “Your Products” section of their Avid Account.
Please note that Pro Tools 11.1 is supported with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) and the Mac Read Me and Windows Read Me file documents important compatibility information, known issues, error messages, etc.
Pro Tools 11.1 is a full installer. If Pro Tools 11.0-11.0.3 is currently installed on a Mac, Avid recommends selecting “Replace” when updating to 11.1 and remember to install the latest compatible Drivers for your Avid hardware. Pro Tools 11.1 uses a single installer for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD. The installation is the same for both, only the iLok authorisation is different
- Pro Tools 11.1 co-install with Pro Tools 10.x is not supported using Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Co-installing Pro Tools 11 with Pro Tools 10.3.6 or higher, do NOT update to HD 11 Drivers if using HD Accel TDM hardware
- Pro Tools 11.1 co-install is now supported with Media Composer 184.108.40.206 and 7.0.3 and higher using Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Late Breaking Technical Issues
- Pro Tools 11.1 Satellite Link and Video Satellite compatibility updates
- Pro Tools 11.1 provides many improvements and stability fixes
- Registered owners of Pro Tools 11 can log in to your Avid Account to download Installers from the Your Products section
- Review the Read Me file before installing or updating Pro Tools 11.1 for known issues that could impact your workflow
- Upgrades available from earlier versions of Pro Tools can be purchased from the Avid Store