It doesn’t matter how long one uses Pro Tools for, it seems there are some mistakes one can keep making, they fall in the really dumb category, these are my 5:
- Creating a mono track instead of a stereo one and vice versa.
- Hitting record and forgetting to arm the track and then getting the message that seems to have the same voice that my wife uses when I miss a turn when driving.
- During high speed editing hitting the ‘W’ instead of the ‘E’ key and finding the window disappears rather than an edit occurring. No I don’t use focus I use CMD, old habits die hard.
- Hitting the wrong keyboard combo when consolidating regions and ending up with a screen shot… or 10 if I think it isn’t working!
- Creating my third click track after forgetting I already have two inactive and hidden.
So those are my 5 face palms, what are your recurring moments of stupidity?