The 133rd AES Convention will herald the introduction of the Project Studio Expo, featuring practical training and an exhibit area focused on leading edge project studio technology.
Developed in partnership with Sound On Sound and Craig Anderton, the Project Studio Expo (PSE) brings the latest recording techniques, best practices, and practical tips from leaders in the recording business.
Reading the schedule, perhaps they should have called it the Sound On Sound show and being done with it.
Scheduled for Oct. 27-28 at SF’s Moscone Center, the PSE will feature in depth Clinics and Q&A sessions with noted leaders:
DAY ONE: Saturday, Oct. 27
- It Won’t Sound Right If You Don’t Hear It Right: Studio Acoustics – Presenter, Hugh Robjohns
- Total Tracking: Get It Right At Source – Choosing & Recording Your Sound Source*– Presenter, Hugh Robjohns
- Mixing Secrets: Production Tricks To Use With Any DAW – Presenter, Mike Senior
- Master Your Tracks: DIY Results to Compete With The Pros*– Presenter, Craig Anderton
- You Ask, We Answer: Q&A session Moderator Hugh Robjohns; Panel, Paul White, Mike Senior & Guests tba
- Take Your Studio On Stage: Live Performance With Laptops, Looping Pedals & Other Studio Tech – Presenter, Craig Anderton
*Repeated on Sunday
DAY TWO: Sunday, Oct. 28
- Keeping The Human Element In The Digital Age: Ways To Keep Music Sounding Alive And Interesting – Presenter, Craig Anderton
- Total Tracking: Get it Right At Source – Choosing & Recording Your Sound Source – Presenter, Hugh Robjohns
- Mixing Secrets: Production Tricks To Use With Any DAW – Presenter, Mike Senion
- Master Your Tracks: DIY Results to Compete With The Pros – Presenter, Craig Anderton
- Make Music With Your iPad: Hot Apps, Great Gadgets & All Things IOS – Presenter, Mike Metlay
- Ask The Editors: Q&A Session - Moderator: Hugh Robjohns; Panel to include Paul White, Sarah Jones, Frank Wells, Lorenz Rychner, Strother Bullins, Larry Crane and Tom Kenny