Especially on the Mac platform top end CD Burning and Mastering has been difficult and complex. Years ago I led the unsuccesful campaign on the DUC to roll Masterlist CD into the Pro Tools application. Well they didn’t do it and neither did Avid. However the guys at HOFA have done it and released
, both as a standalone application but even better as a plug-in which will work from within Pro Tools. So now you can produce your CD master to Red Book standards either onto a CD or using the industry standard DDP file format rom within your session. Take a look at these two videos, the first is on the standalone app….
Now the plug-in version…
HOFA CD-Burn & DDP (Plugin)
Finally there is the ideal burning software available as a plugin for your DAW - because that’s where you know your stuff best so you can utilize all the tonal possibilities in no time.
Load the CD-Burn & DDP plugin into your master module and create perfect (master-)CDs and DDP-Images directly from there.
HOFA CD-Burn & DDP (Standalone)
Just drag&drop your mastered tracks into the burning software. Here you can adjust levels and fades as well as create CD-Text and everything else to create perfect (master-)CDs and intransigent DDP-Images.
- burning software to create red book audio CDs
- export and import of DDP-Images
- CD-Text, ISRC, EAN/UPC
- available as a plugin or a standalone version
- supports all common sample rates and audio formats
- support for PC and Mac, 32 and 64 Bit
- English & German version available
- HOFA CD-Burn & DDP runs under Windows 7, Vista and XP, as well as on Intel-Macs from OS X 10.5 upwards.
- Plugin format: Audio Unit, VST, VST3, RTAS and AAX (in preparation), 32 and 64 Bit
- The plugin and standalone will be activated by a HOFA license file and you are allowed to use it on two computers.
- Providing the HOFA license file can take up to 3 days.
- The manual available as a PDF.
- HOFA Plugins are being tested constantly on the following DAWS:
- Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab, Apple Logic, Ableton Live, Presonus Studio One, Cockos Reaper, Avid Pro Tools, MAGIX Samplitude
Even better news is that the guys at HOFA have produced a
with the only thing disabled being the DDP Export feature.
Add to this that the price is spectular, especially of you remember the price Digidesign used to charge for Masterlist CD and you will realise that this is a great package.
- HOFA CD-Burn & DDP (Plugin) only 53,90 € (introductory price, later 59,90 €)
- HOFA CD-Burn & DDP (Standalone) only 53,90 € (introductory price, later 59,90 €)
- HOFA CD-Burn & DDP (Plugin + Standalone) only 89,90 € (introductory price, later 99,90 €)