IK Multimedia have released their latest effort in room correction, we are yet to get our hands on one, this is what they say.
Four times greater resolution for faster and better correction
IK in collaboration with Audyssey® are please to announced the new update for ARC - Advanced Room Correction System. ARC is the first acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measurement software AND a correction plug-in for most popular DAWs to improve the acoustics and sonic reliability of your studio.
How does ARC improve your listening environment?
ARC works by measuring your room using the included measurement microphone and measurement software and then generates an algorithm to provide a correction of your room’s acoustic problems that you can apply to your mix using the included plug-in. You can record and mix with confidence knowing that what you hear from your speakers is a faithful representation of how your music will translate to the outside world.
- Completely redesigned interface for improved usability
- 4X greater resolution improves critical low-end response
- Smoother, more natural sound in the mid-range and high frequencies
- New combined L/R correction option maintains focus in perfectly symmetrical control rooms
- New customizable target curves now can match engineer’s personal timbre tastes
- New “Virtual Monitoring” templates mimic the sound of consumer listening devices like car systems, speaker boxes, etc. allowing the engineer to test how mixes translate on different systems
- New Monitor Control panel interface streamlines workflow
- Fewer measurements now provide higher quality results and shortens set-up time
- Measurements can be saved and used for multiple correction set-ups
The technology behind ARC
With thousands of installations since 2007, the first version of ARC has been put to use in every possible real-world situation. This experience, along with user feedback from all over the world, has been carefully considered during the Audyssey® update of the MultEQ® technology that powered the first version of ARC to now provide a new, even more accurate version, MultEQ® XT32, included in this new version of ARC.
Pricing and Availability
ARC 2 is now shipping from IK’s Online Store and its network of professional music resellers worldwide at a price of $299.99/€249.99 (exc. taxes).
User of the previous version of ARC can update to the new software online in the IK store at a special limited price of only $99.99/€84.99 (exc. taxes) good until August 31, 2012, after that the price will go up to $149.99/€124.99(exc. taxes).
Audyssey®, Audyssey MultEQ® XT 32 are registered trademarks property of Audyssey Laboratories™ Inc. used under license.