They say that necessity is the mother of invention, well you can guess we’ve been finding out some cool tricks in an effort to get our podcasts out in record time.
One thing that can hold things up is waiting for a 1 hour show or interview to export in real time.
Well, if that drives you mad then try this trick, you can even use effects.
- Get you tracks all edited and ready.
- Use any real-time plug-ins for compression etc. to treat the audio then save the presets.
- Open up their Audiosuite counterparts and open up the preset you just created.
- Process the track with the audiosuite plugin/s.
- If it’s an interview with a guest then create a new stereo track below the two mono tracks.
- Now drag those two mono tracks into the stereo track - you now have a stereo file.
- Mark the new stereo track and export that track in the format you need.
- It will export on a fast machine in about 30 seconds - an offline bounce.
Yes it’s a workaround, but if you are against the clock, it’s a handy trick until we get track freeze or offline bounce.