How many times have you been sent a Quicktime movie and it hasn’t got burnt in timecode because the video editor hasn’t got time to render one out.
Well I recently came across two options to resolve this.
Toki Software’s Toki TC v1.4.7
Toki TC is an utility for displaying a time code, a feet+frames counter, a frame counter and a line of text over a movie. It has all options to control the display of the counters and text:
- Position of the counters in the picture,
- Set the start offset and frame rate,
- Choice of the font and size of the text,
- Left, center or right alignment,
- Choice of the colors of the text and the background.
A movie can be exported with time code, counters and text to QuickTime, DV, MPEG-4, AVI and other formats.
Toki TC is available for MacOS X 10.3.9 (Panther) to 10.6 (Snow Leopard) for PowerPC and Intel processors and Windows XP SP2 to 7 with QuickTime.
The full license is 9.90 € or $ 14.90. For more info go to the Toki web site
QT Sync v0.3.3
QT Sync is a QuickTime movie player that can do a load more useful stuff too.
- Watch your movies in Full Screen
- Correct Audio/Video Sync problems “on-the-fly”
- Works also great with Airfoil. Visit the FAQ page to learn more.
- Change the Aspect Ratio of movies without losing quality (No re-encoding needed.)
- Combine movies which have been split into several parts
- Crop the movie.
- Insert a text track with TimeCode or Feet+Frames information into the movie.
Price – free
For more info and to download it go to the QTSync web site. However note this application hasn’t been updated for a long time so may be not so reliable with Lion.