After the concerns and problems some folk have had with the 10.1.2 update Avid have now released 10.1.3 for Mac. This is what they say about it….
For Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10 on Mac OS X
The update available from this page requires an installation of Pro Tools/Pro Tools HD 10.x software. See below for more information.
Version 10.1.3 is an officially qualified and recommended update for:
- Pro Tools systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.7.3
- Pro Tools|HDX systems on Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.7.3
- Pro Tools|HD Native systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.7.3
- Pro Tools|HD systems on Mac OS X 10.6.7 - 10.7.3
Pro Tools 10.1.3 Read Me
The Read Me file documents important compatibility information, issues resolved in v10.1.3, known issues, error messages, and information on installation and use of v10.1.3 software:
Pro Tools HDX
- HDX hardware is not supported in an Expansion Chassis (Magma EB1, EB4, EB7, or Thunderbolt chassis) at this time.
- HDX hardware is not supported on Windows at this time.
Pro Tools HD Native
Avid recommends that all HD Native users download the Avid NativeCardFlasher and update the HD Native card main and safe firmware images to version 1.03. See kb429831
There is no Windows release of Pro Tools 10.1.3 since the critical issues resolved in this release are for HDX systems which are not yet supported on Windows.
Pro Tools HD 10.x software requires both Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools HD 10 iLok authorizations to launch.
Please Note: Pro Tools 10 uses a single installer for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD. The installation is the same for both; only the authorization is different.
- Verify that Pro Tools 10.0-10.1.2 is installed on your system.
- Quit the Pro Tools application if it is open.
- Download and launch the Pro Tools 10.1.3 Update installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Please be sure to review the Read Me file before updating to 10.1.3 in case there is a known issue that will impact your workflow.