I had almost forgoten about this product. It has taken the team at Modartt nearly 3 years to bring Pianoteq from v3 to v4 but they have finally done it. So why am I getting excited about yet another piano sampler product. Well the reason is because it isn’t a sampled piano product. What makes Pianoteq different is that it is a modelled piano. This makes it much smaller, it only needs 20Mb hard drive space and so it doesn’t put a huge load on your system. This is what the folks at Modartt say….
Yes! It’s finally here. With Pianoteq 4, a new milestone is reached in the piano world, bringing you the best and latest technology of virtual piano software. A thoroughly refined acoustic model is represented by the new astonishing grand piano instrument D4 with its rich collection of presets. Designed with extreme care, each note is adjusted and voiced up to perfection. Thanks to its extraordinary playability and sonic authenticity, it meets the high demands from live musicians and recording studios.
- Physically modelled piano, real time sound generation
- Full dynamics - no velocity switching
- Very expressive with superb playability
- Sounds and behaves just like a real piano
- Unique tuning, voicing and design adjustments
- Mic position, up to 5 mics
- Multi channel, up to 5 channels
- Piano factory, create easily your own piano
- Many effects + a convolution reverb
- Advanced preset and parameter manager
- Unlimited perspectives
- 64-bit versions available
- Native Linux (x86) version available
- Works great with any modern laptop
- Fast loading - just 20 MB in size
Pianoteq 4 also offers new effects: a convolution reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, amp, compressor and mallet bounce.
You can download a free trail.
There are some free add on instruments here
Also you can get commerical add on instruments too here
The Pianoteq 4 Standard version is 249 Euros. There are other options at the Pianoteq store